Blue Gate Estate Sales – Our Services and Duties To Our Clients
This is what I call our getting down to business page for Blue Gate Estate Sales! Clients always have the right to know what we actually do to earn our fees so here is our list of what we consider to be our duties:
- Price and professionally display all sale items. This means that everything in the sale will be priced prior to the sale and displayed as well and nicely as space permits. We have folding tables and covers that we use, when possible, so that items from cabinets and drawers can be readily seen.
- Our preference is to run a sale for 2-3 days in order to maximize exposure and sales. However in the end the length of the sale depends on the amount of merchandise to be sold. It can be one, two or three days. However many HOAs restrict sales to 2 days only so we have to work within their rules!
- Advertise on Craig’s List and other local print media as warranted. Most people are now looking on Craig’s list for the estate sale notices. The nice thing about Craig’s list is that we can put up lots of photos so people can actually see what is in the sale!
- Send emails to all of the people signed up on our Estate Sale Notification List to let them know about the sale.
- Offer customers the option of using their charge/debit cards to encourage more sales, especially of higher ticket items.
- Provide sufficient signage. I use directional signs starting from the main through streets so that even people just driving past can find our sales.
- Dispose of any estate sale leftovers per client’s wishes. Our goal is to have as little left over as possible but there are several options here which I would be happy to discuss with you.
- Provide payment and written documentation of all of our sales, usually within 2-3 business days after the sale if done in person and within 10 days if by mail.
Give us a call at 520-221-1324 or use the contact form to your right.
To return to our Home Page.