Blue Gate Estate Sales Questions and Answers
Over the years we have accumulated the list of Estate Sales FAQs you see below, along with our, hopefully, helpful answers! If you have a question that does not appear below please contact us and we will do our best to answer it for you.
- I don’t have many/any antiques. Can I still have an estate sale?……. Absolutely! Most people do not own housefuls of antiques so most estate sales consist of just normal personal property – furniture, bric-a-brac, electronics, pots, and pans, etc.
- I do have a houseful of antiques/collectibles, etc. Can you manage a sale of those types of things?…. Absolutely! That is when all those years of being in the antiques business come into play and we can put that experience to work!
- I am moving to a smaller home or an apartment and need to downsize. Do you do that type of sale?….. Absolutely! Many people are in your situation so, although we still call it an estate sale, it is actually a downsizing sale. Just remember that there has to be a sufficient quantity and quality of items left in order to have a successful sale.
- My house is for sale or I am thinking about putting it on the market. Will that interfere with the sale?….. Not at all! I am actually a licensed Realtor and will be happy to work with your agent to schedule showings, pass out flyers, etc. An estate sale is a great way to get people to see your home!
- How much lead time do you need?….. It depends on the number of items that need to be priced and sorted but a typical sale can take from 2-4 weeks to get ready.
- What do you do when putting on a sale and how much will it cost?…….
- Price and professionally display all sale items. This means that everything in the sale will be priced prior to the sale and displayed as well and nicely as space permits.
- Advertise on Estate Sale.org with unlimited photos, on CraigsList also with photos and on our Upcoming Sales Page on our website. We do not usually find advertising in local print media to be cost-effective but may do it in certain situations.
- Run at least a two-day sale, usually with no discounts prior to the second day. If, in my opinion, there are sufficient items to warrant it, then my preference is to have a three-day sale, again, normally with no discounts until the third day. I have found that this is the best way to get the most money for our clients.
- After the sale, we try to leave the house as orderly as possible. All trash removed to the main trash bin, all leftover boxes, bags, and packing material hauled away and floors swept or vacuumed.
- If you have any other questions please call 520-221-1324 or use the contact form to your right.
Be sure to also check our Estate Sales Tips page.
To return to Blue Gate Estate Sales Home.